Landbridge Glory is a newbuilt 308,000 dwt VLCC for Landbridge Group. After delivered from Dalian Shipyard on 29th April 2019, she was reallocated to Zhoushan Xinya Shipyard straight away for scrubber retrofit.
According to DSIC design, a new scrubber room had been installed back of engine casing, accordingly relevant accessories, piping and electrical system for EGCS had been installed on board.
Meanwhile, below construction, equipment and system modified to fulfil the requirement of ship’s strength and operation function:
- FW tank construction modified to increase the strength of aft hull part.
- Aft mooring winch M7 with bollard/roller/chokes modified as it is obstructed by the pillars of new scrubber room
- M/E turbocharger nozzle rings replaced because the exh. Gas back pressure increased after scrubber installation as per engine maker’s suggestion.
- Main switchboard (MSB) bus bar modified to comply with increased electrical power capacity
- New EGC switchboard installed on board specially serviced for EGCS
- EGC G/E (installed on board before delivery) with FO, LO, ventilation, starting air, cooling FW piping system installed on board.
- In order to facilitate the installation of EGC SW pump and piping system, E/R pumps and piping systems has been rearranged accordingly.
- E/R local water mist system, alarm monitoring system, fire alarm system, general alarm system, loading computer etc. had been modified as per requirement.
After all of new installed/modified equipment/system carried out commissioning smoothly, the sea trial carried out on 10th and 11th Jun. 2019, and confirmed EGCS was running in good condition, finally it had been accepted by CCS.
The retrofit job is successfully completed as per schedule of 38 days, and the vessel was under sea going to Korea for her Maiden voyage.